Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A little bit of cooking....



Nathan showing his happy plate!

I recently made these salmon patties. Along with a side of green beans and buttered stewed potatoes they were a hit with the Little Birdies. The ones that are picky even ate them which is like winning the victory!
 I do believe this is one of my favorite meals that I'll ask my sister to make once in a blue moon. I can make em but for some reason hers just taste better!
 I have included  the recipe for salmon patties or croquets , what ever you call them they are pretta gooood!!!
                NAN'S SALMON PATTIES
       1 can salmon ( I dig out all the bones)
        2 Tbsp. Chopped onion
        1/2 cup a.p. Flour or you can use Self rising ( that's what I did)
        4 oz. cream cheese
        1Tbsp. Mustard or a great big squirt
        1 Tbsp. Natures seasoning 
       Oil for frying
   Mix all together , and proceed to fry. Preheat 1to 2 inches of oil over medium /high heat I use a cast Iron skillet. Drop by rounded Tbsp and being very careful not splatter the hot grease drop into hot oil. Fry for about 2 minutes on one side then flip and fry the other side for about 1 minute or until brown. Drain on paper towels.
I like to use the left overs on Hawaiin bread smothered with mayonnaise mustard and onions.
Now just don't go to the dentist on the day you make these as I am sure they won't appreciate the bad breath! Just kidding uh not really!

1 comment: