Monday, January 27, 2014

A little trip and a concert




This past Friday Ben and I scheduled the day off. We took a trip to a little town in Brookseville ,Mississippi. 
 I have been reading/ following Chelsea Bontrager's blog and her families blog for close to a year. So when I learned that her and her family would be close by ,(5 hours away to be exact) I was so excited! If you ever have a chance to go see these sweet people I encourage you to do so. You will not be disappointed. Their love for Jesus and each other is pretty obvious. Ben and I have been discussing for a while the music our young people get caught up in today's culture. Some of this music that's in the music industry today just rather sounds phony in my opinion. These people are genuine. They sing songs that encourage and lift our dear Savior and points the way to Him.
 When we contacted them about coming, the people that were hosting them invited us to join them for a fishfry. Matthew 25:40
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. This is what Mr.Lavern and Ms.Miriam showed us that night. They made us feel so loved. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of these dear people to share today.
 Ben's Aunt ( whom we'd never met) also lives around an hour or so away from Brooksville, so we got in touch with her and asked her to join us for the evening as well. She is super sweet too!
  The Bontrager's are supposed to be coming to Lindale Texas in April. We hope to go see them again then,Lord's willing!
 So how was your weekend? What kind of music do you listen to? I would love to know...










    
   Ben's Auntie!











No comments:

Post a Comment