Monday, December 2, 2013

Our thanksgiving change

Ever since my mom passed on to glory, my siblings, and their families, my Dad, and my family have rented a cabin up in Arkansas for Thanksgiving. This was always my Mom's favorite time of the year. It has become mine as well.
 I am a person that does not do well with change. I remember when my brother was a little boy and how upset he would become when his cornbread fell apart or his hamburger tore up, it always made him so mad he would literally leave the uneaten food on the table and go ripping to his room and SLAM the door. And that's where he would stay until he cooled off. Well, I think that might be how I feel about change. No maybe I don't run to my room and slam the door to make my statement but sometimes you just feel bad about it.
 This year my family didn't get to join the others at the cabin, but you know what? It really wasn't that bad.
 Ben and I took the week off to be with the girls. I rather enjoyed not doing much of nothing.:) Ben did get around to painting the girls bedroom which has been needing done for some time. He was going to try to paint the front porch but unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate.
 It was good to be off but I am ready for my baby birdies to come back today.:)

      Uncle Joseph (Ben's brother )

      Ben's Mom and Zackary

    Cousin Naomi and me

    Katherine and Stewart
    Ben and Nathaniel 
    MamMaw claims she doesn't like dogs , but I think this proves otherwise!



    And the tail end of the day!















1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a lovely holiday weekend :)
    Amia

    ReplyDelete